Problems with web crawlers not respecting robots.txt file

I have setup a robots.txt file that specifically disallows web crawlers from crawling that folder, so I am at a loss as to how to prevent the ...

6 Common Robots.txt Issues & And How To Fix Them

“Web crawlers are generally very flexible and typically will not be swayed by minor mistakes in the robots.txt file. In general, the worst that ...

Custom Result

This is a custom result inserted after the second result.

What happens if a website does not have a robots.txt file?

The purpose of a robots.txt file is to keep crawlers out of certain parts of your website. Not having one should result in all your content ...

What will happen if I don't follow robots.txt while crawling? [duplicate]

Even legit crawlers may bring a site to a halt with too many requests to resources that aren't designed to handle crawling, I'd strongly advise ...

How to Fix “Web Crawler Can't Find Robots.txt File” Issue | Sitechecker

Causes of the “robots.txt not Found” search crawler response may be the following: the text file is located at a different URL;; the robots.

Our crawler was not able to access the robots.txt file on your site - Moz

Hello Mozzers! I've received an error message saying the site can't be crawled because Moz is unable to access the robots.txt.

14 Common Robots.txt Issues (and How to Avoid Them) - seoClarity

Because robots.txt files indicate to crawlers which pages and resources not to crawl ... If pages are disallowed from crawling through the robots.

Do web crawlers have any legal obligation to respect robots.txt?

Is ignore robots txt illegal? No, robots.txt file is by no means enforced by law. You can scrape any website you want, there might be some ...

How to fix: Mobile page not crawlable due to robots.txt - Google Help

To resolve this issue, update the robots.txt file on your web server to allow Google's crawler to fetch the provided landing pages. The robots.txt file can ...

Robots.txt block not helping crawling : r/TechSEO - Reddit

A page that's disallowed in robots.txt can still be indexed if linked to from other sites. While Google won't crawl or index the content blocked ...